When you are too bored of eating the same bhindi recipe, try this easy recipe with a twist. Tastes good, and gets ready in a jiffy.
- 3 cups chopped bhindi (okra)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric seeds
- 2 tsp dry red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp pickle gravy (any)
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds
- Once they begin to splutter add the onions. Saute till they are browned evenly.
- Add the chopped okra, and all the dried spices.
- Mix it all well and cover and cook for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the okra has cooked, add pickle gravy (the masala in the pickle, not the pickled ingredients)
- Add the salt. Add very little in beginning, taste and then adjust accordingly.
- Serve hot with chapati or parantha.