Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Capsicum Tomato and carrot recipe

I haven't been able to post in quite a while now, but now is definitely my time. I am going to post two even three recipes a day sometimes, and cover up for the lost time. Hopefully :-) I am known for not being able to deliver what I promise. Except in my dental clinic. This blog is my chance at redemption.

Please read my other blog for my experiences sending Saee to daycare and school. It hasn't been easy. I am learning though, definitely.

This morning I made a recipe for which I have no name. The truth is, that I didn't have anything in the name of vegetables left for making anything. I was left with one capsicum, two tomatoes and one carrot. This is what I made and I loved it. It would serve wonderfully as a topping over butter fried bread, or as a stuffing in a roll of chapati. Children would love it too, as there is nothing too spicy in it. Just a little tangy, and a dash of sweet from the carrots.

Ingredients

  • 1 capsicum
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 tomato
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • a drizzle of olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
Chop all the vegetables finely. Get rid of the seeds of capsicum. Heat the butter in a wok and add a drizzle of olive oil to it. Just a dash, to keep the butter from burning. Now add the chopped vegetables, and salt and pepper and saute on high heat till the tomatoes are tender. The capsicum and carrot should still be a little crunchy but not too much. Add the dried oregano and serve hot on pieces of fried bread or in a roll of chapati. 

If you need to up the spiciness a notch, just add a little more pepper. Don't add red chilli powder or it will give you hyperacidity.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment