Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sabudana Papdi

Face it. I love my papads and pickles. There doesn't seem to be a way in the near future that I may lose my weight. But I am too loathe to give up my fried and oily delicacies. I usually need something deep fried even on days I fast. These papdis are for those days.

What you will need


  • 2 cups sabudana (sago)
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 tsp cumin seeds
  • salt to taste
Soak sabudana with water enough to cover upto 1 inch above the level. Let them soak for about two hours.

Now drain that water and add about 3 cups of water to it and bring it to a boil. Add cumin seeds and salt. Cook the mixture till the sago turns translucent and the mixture thickens a bit.

Soread out thick plastic sheets on a bed sheet. Pour a ladleful of mixture at a time and spread it into an even circle. Make such small portions till the mixture is completely used up.

Now set it under direct sunlight to dry.  This may take about 2 to 3 days. 

Store in an airtight container.

When serving, deep fry them in groundnut oil. When they turn crisp, they are good to go.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment