Friday, July 1, 2011

Chinese Chicken Noodles

Sorry folks! I haven't been well the last couple of days. Sunday morning saw me waking up, seeing the world with a slightly skewed perspective. My neck was tilted to the right side, thanks to a massive spasm in some muscle.

Now that I felt slightly better, and that my mom was getting increasingly tired, I decided I would make something today. Still in no position to make chapatis, I decided the easiest thing to make would be chinese noodles. My husband helped me to cook noodles. Thanks sweetheart!

Overall, the average rating for the recipe was : 7.8 (Based on ratings given by three members of my family on a scale of ten)

Here's the recipe
  • 1 packet of egg noodles
  • 1 cup boneless chicken pieces
  • 4 tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp oil (preferably sesame oil)
  • 3 spring onions finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
  • 1/2 cup capsicum chopped
  • 1 tsp dark soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp fish sauce
  • 2 tsp green chilli sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the egg noodles according to the manufacturer's instructions. Keep them aside.

Now heat the oil in a wok and add the minced garlic to it. Saute on high heat for a minute and add the chicken pieces (drying the chicken pieces with a tissue paper before frying them helps to brown them evenly).

Saute the chicken for about 4 minutes on high heat till it is evenly cooked. Now add the whites of the onions, cabbage and capsicum and saute for only half a minute. Add the soy, fish sauce and the green chilli sauce, salt and pepper. Add the noodles and toss them around for a minute. Finally add the green onion leaves and saute for half a minute.

Turn off the heat and serve hot!

(I do not have my camera here, at mom's house, so there are no pictures. Sorry :-(  )

Happy Cooking!

2 comments:

  1. looks yummy n tempting.. nice blog space to follow..Will be happy if you follow me back... someshop coupon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good food brings people together. Finger food is best suited for all occasions, it is light and people love eating it restaurant in Satyaniketan

    ReplyDelete