Saturday, August 6, 2011

Corn Panki

It's been some time since I last posted. I can't get my husband to rectify the error that is occurring on blogger on my home computer, and things have been busy in clinic this last week, so I couldn't get any time to post at all.

I tried to post this from the home computer but I couldn't. As you all could very well see. So here I am, posting this recipe again.

Can't post any pictures but I do have them all and will post them as soon as possible.

Coming to the recipe, this is not a stuffed panki or panolya as we call it. Neither is it sweet, but rather a savory filling way to start your day.

Ingredients
  • 2 corn on the cobs
  • salt to taste
  • 1 tsp red chilli powder
  • 1/4th tsp turmeric powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • 1/4th tsp soda bicarb
  • 2 tbsp plain flour
  • 2 tbsp semolina (rava)
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 6 turmeric leaves
Grease the turmeric leaves with a little oil and keep them aside.

Grate the corn on the cob,  and add all the other ingredients except the oil. Mix well and spoon out onto the turmeric leaves.

Fold the turmeric leaves, and place them in a steamer. Steam for about ten minutes.

Heat oil on a skillet, and place the pankis (with the leaves) on it. Fry well till brown spots appear on both sides.

Remove the turmeric leaves and serve hot with green chutney.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment