Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Diwali Faral - Besan Ladoo

Diwali equals besan ladoo for me. I love these, and only these laddus. The credit for this recipe goes to my mom. I called her up and asked her how to do it right before I made them. She, after all, makes the best besan laddoos in the whole world.

So THANKS MOM!!!

:D She always complains that I never give her due credit!

What many people seem to think since I started this blog is that I am some sort of a master chef. Guys, you couldn't be more wrong! I am no chef! These recipes I have posted because most of them have been made by me for the very very first time. I have been lucky so far that they turned out not bad. Follow the steps I have told you and you can make it just as easily as I did. Promise!

I just follow what the masterchefs say in their books, or in their recipes. That's all.

In this case, I just followed what my mom said to the T and got really really good laddoos.

Ingredients
  • 500 g gram flour (besan)
  • 250 g clarified butter (cow ghee)
  • 1 tsp cardamom powder
  • 200 g powdered sugar
  • nuts or raisins to garnish (optional)
  1. Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan
  2. Add all the gram flour to it. Keep the heat to low.
  3. Stir it well. 
  4. Keep stirring.
  5. Yup, more stirring.
  6. I know you are tired, but that's what you gotta do, stir stir stir your boat...!
  7. Have about forty five minutes elapsed? Hmm...
  8. Your house will be fragrant with gram flour flavored air freshener! Haha :-P
  9. The color of the gram flour will have changed color somewhat.
  10. Now is the time to add the cardamom powder.
  11. Add the sugar and stir some more. Okay not forty-five minutes this time, just a few minutes till it all amalgamates.
  12. Cool the mixture for ten minutes.
  13. Now apply a little ghee to your hands and start rolling little balls out of the mixture. If the fall flat, don't worry, just let them cool down completely and roll them again. And again, if they still fall somewhat flat. (Like mine did!) 
  14. Eventually they will learn to hold  their shape.
And they will look like theeeeeeeeeees



Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment