Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hotchpotch

This dessert is an example of how you can turn a disaster into something good. I wanted to bake a cake for my mom's birthday. Blast the electricity! There was load shedding throughout the day everyday. When I finally made the cake, I had only a small window, and had to rush things up. So I scrambled the few things I had, together for the sponge cake, without measuring the ingredients (a cardinal sin in the rulebook of cake making) and pushed the batter in the oven. Then I crossed my fingers and hoped that if I really want the cake to turn good, everything in the universe will conspire to help me achieve that end. - (borrowed from the alchemist!)

The world didn't. My cake looked horrible. Lumpy and flat. It tasted good though, and it seemed a shame to throw it away altogether. So to salvage the cake (and my dignity) I decided to turn it into a different dessert. And because it is a hotchpotch of all things I found, I am calling it Hotchpotch!

This is what I did. I didn't have pictures though. :-(

Ingredients
  • Sponge cake
  • Mango ice-cream
  • Strawberry sauce
  • Kellogg's honey loops (or any other breakfast cereal)
  1. Cut the cake into cubes.
  2. Place the cubes in a tall glass.
  3. Pour strawberry sauce over the cake.
  4. Scoop the ice cream into the glass on top of the cake. 
  5. Pour another drizzle of strawberry sauce on the mango ice cream.
  6. If the glass is REALLY tall, repeat the steps from 1 to 5.
  7. Finally add the honey loops or any other crispy cereal and serve!
Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment