Saturday, April 30, 2011

Layered Omlette

Ever since I could cook, I remember making strange recipes. Strange because no one had heard of them. I didn't know at that time that you could concoct recipes on your own. I thought you always followed age-old recipes. It may still be the method de regueur, but I love experimenting every now and then.

Nothing fancy, food you can cook easily within five to ten minutes and is still tasty. This is one of those recipes. I didn't know what to call it. It serves as an excellent breakfast or a mid meal snack. Try it and do tell me if you like the taste.

Ingredients
  • 2 eggs (for 1 person)
  • 3 mushrooms, minced
  • 1 jalapeno, minced
  • 2 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
  • 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
  • salt to taste
  • 3 tsp olive oil
Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and keep them aside.

Now heat the oil in a wok and add the mushrooms. Add salt and seasoning and saute for two minutes. Add the jalapenos and sun-dried tomatoes. Add just half a teaspoon of soy sauce and the tomato ketchup. Remove in a separate bowl.

Heat a tsp of oil in a non-stick pan. Add half the beaten egg and allow it to fry for a minute. Now add the mushroom mixture and spread  it over the egg layer. Now pour the remaining egg on top of the mushroom mixture and flip the whole assembly over. Fry again for a minute.

Remove in a plate and serve hot!


I agree, the picture is bad. Sorry :-)

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment